We have two masterclasses to choose from this year, the scintillating seductive colour of Bonnard for our contemporary Masterclass and the enduring visual power of Turner’s late style in our Classical Masterclass
Contemporary Masterclass 2019
The theme of this year’s masterclass is Bonnard with focus on his innovative use of equiliminant colour, his approach to the pictorial plane and perspective and the role of memory.
Classical Masterclass 2019
The time of this years Masterclass is about luminosity , optical painting and mediums , and in particular the later works of Turner
Masterclasses In Brief
- Three days of intensive, specialist oils tuition with course director Martin Kinnear
- Masterclasses are selective to ensure you get the best group learning experience
- Masterclass content changes each year to reflect Martin’s current area of study; past courses have included ones on Turner, Rembrandt, Constable, Monet and Corot
- You will learn about an artist and their chosen materials and methods in depth
- You will produce at least one painting and some preparatory studies
- Masterclasses often feature materials not found on our regular courses such as egg tempera, dammar, copal, spirit of wine, volatile solvents or toxic pigments intended for professional use
- Masterclasses are our most involved – yet most bespoke – courses, they are generally flexed to suit the learning needs of the pre-selected group
- An ideal post Diploma course, but anybody who has attended a foundation course at the School can apply
- For an easier course consider Intensive Oils or one of our expressive or technical three day workshops
Course only £599, as a stand alone 3 day workshop.
This course includes all materials used on and for the workshop (just bring yourself!), plus a light lunch, notes, refreshments and tuition by one of our trained tutors, plus a full time studio assistant so you don’t need to set up or scrub down.
Please note that Masterclass place are strictly limited and always in high demand, so please ensure we know that you wish to be contacted when dates become available.
Time allowing, extra courses in different subjects may be added so watch this space.