Kinnear on Colour: Orchestrating colour to create beautiful paintings
‘ Colour is the starting point for success as a contemporary artist, is Martin’s view on the vital importance of learning to use colour creatively and precisely.
Who it’s For
If you find yourself always using colours dictated by the subject , or are stuck in the same old palette then this course is for you. Kinnear On Colour is an in depth course on choosing and using colours for painters. Written with our existing students in mind it’s an ideal next step up from Colourful Impressionism
How it Works
Kinnear On Colour is based around three workshop days, starting with a quick recap of subtractive colour mixing, the course takes you through creating and implementing, a series of creative colour plans, from bold, simple arrangements on day one through to very nuanced and advanced schemes by day 3.
Where to Do It
Kinnear On courses are only available with Martin at his Norfolk studio
Good to Know
This Course is part of a special 2020 series by Martin of one off workshops on the key skills and approaches in painting. Consider combining it with others in this series to crate your own advanced study program
Fees and Booking
Course only £499 (at our Pay Now Price) , as a stand alone 3 day workshop.
To book online select a course date and pay, or if you prefer to speak to us call Jane on 01485 528588
Important Pre booking note:
This is a third tier course written to build upon the core skills taught on our Simply Oils workshops.
Simply Oils is our flagship course in professional core oil painting skills including the Ebauche painting method, Subtractive colour mixing, oil mediums, grounds and gesso, values, optics and direct painting. This course will not cover core skills but build upon those concepts and assume a good working knowledge of them.
To ensure you have a rewarding, motivating and enjoyable learning experience please undertake a Simply Oils course before undertaking this third tier course.
Martin’s view of Kinnear On Colour
‘Anyone can dash off a colourful painting, but most are horribly clumsy. Good contemporary artists are almost invariably insightful colourists, it’s incredibly important these days to be a Colourist, and this course show you the difference between using colour and being on top of it ‘
- Three days of structured specialist oils tuition in advanced colour planning and placement.
- Explanation, hands on painting and demonstration led learning, by a tutor with studio assistants which means you get on demand help at your easel.
- All materials and notes, are included so you don’t need to bring a thing or worry about what you need for the course.
- Learn a range of useful colour strategies from bold and simple to as nuanced as Monet’s later works.
- Learn more in depth and more specific knowledge than on our broader foundation courses such as Simply Oils.
- Refreshments and a light lunch included, so you can socialise at the School with your fellow students
- This course is not suitable for anyone who has not completed Simply Oils.
- This course is an ideal top up to a Diploma as it takes themes from the first trimester and expands upon them using practical exercises
Kinnear On courses are non-selective, however they are written to suit students who have completed courses from our foundation or intermediate programs such as Simply Oils, Beyond Simply , Colourful Impressionism etc.
All Kinnear On courses are an ideal way to top up and focus your Diploma study whether you are currently on a Diploma or require some extra post Diploma training.