Kinnear on Colour: Orchestrating colour to create beautiful paintings
‘ Colour is the starting point for success as a contemporary artist, is Martin’s view on the vital importance of learning to use colour creatively and precisely.
Who it’s For
If you find yourself always using colours dictated by the subject , or are stuck in the same old palette then this course is for you. Kinnear On Colour is an in depth course on choosing and using colours for painters. Written with our existing students in mind it’s a focused top up if you’ve done Intensive Skills, Beyond Simply or the Diploma.
How it Works
Kinnear On Colour is based around four workshop days, starting with a quick recap of subtractive colour mixing, the course takes you through creating and implementing, a series of creative colour plans, from bold, simple arrangements on day one through to very nuanced and advanced schemes by day 4.
Where to Do It
Kinnear On courses are only available with Martin at his Norfolk studio
Fees and Booking
Course only £545 (at our Pay Now Price) , as a stand alone 4 day workshop.
To book online select a course date and pay, or if you prefer to speak to us call Jane on 01485 528588
Martin’s view of Kinnear On Colour
‘Anyone can dash of a colourful painting, but most are horribly clumsy. Good contemporary artists are almost invariably insightful colourists, it’s incredibly important these days to be a Colourist, and this course show you the difference between using colour and being on top of it ‘
- Four days of structured specialist oils tuition colour planning and implementation
- Explanation, hands on painting and demonstration led learning, by a tutor with studio assistants which means you get on demand help at your easel.
- All materials and notes, are included so you don’t need to bring a thing or worry about what you need for the course.
- Learn a range of useful colour strategies from bold and simple to as nuanced as Monet’s later works.
- Learn more in depth and more specific knowledge than on our broader foundation courses such as Simply Oils.
- Refreshments and a light lunch included, so you can socialise at the School with your fellow students
- If you’ve never been to us before consider Simply Oils before attempting this course, as you must know the subtractive colour mixing process
- This course is an ideal top up to a Diploma as it takes themes from the first trimester and expands upon them using practical exercises
Our ‘Kinnear On’ courses are practical signature workshops written and taught by Martin Kinnear. Each course explores a key aspect of painting which can directly improve your work.
Written with our existing students in mind, the course is intended for practicing oil painters. Places are strictly limited, so book early to avoid disappointment.
Kinnear On courses are non-selective, however they are written to suit students who have completed courses from our foundation or intermediate programs or new students who are regularly painting well in oils.
If you don’t regularly paint in oil then we strongly recommend that you take Simply oils or Intensive Skills allowing time to practice, before taking these courses.
All Kinnear On courses are an ideal way to top up and focus your Diploma study whether you are currently on a Diploma or require some extra post Diploma training.