Kinnear On : Creativity: Learn to create exciting paintings from photos and digital references
A great photo is rarely a good painting, yet many artists rely too heavily upon them. This course is a professionals’ guide to using source images to make creative and evocative oils
Who it’s For
If you find yourself relying too much on replicating what you see from life or from photographic images then this course is for you. Kinnear On Creativity is about practical techniques to use imaging devices to transform how you ‘see’ your subjects.
How it Works
Kinnear On Creativity is based around four workshop days, starting with a benchmark study, the course takes you through creating and implementing, a series of creative visualising and painting plans, using traditional and digital methods
Where to Do It
Kinnear On courses are only available with Martin at his Norfolk studio
Fees and Booking
Course only £545 (at our Pay Now Price) , as a stand alone 4 day workshop.
To book online select a course date and pay, or if you prefer to speak to us call Jane on 01485 528588
Martin’s view of Kinnear On Creativity
‘Everything was contemporary once, and painters have always embraced innovative means of remaining and visualising their subjects, this course is about practical ways to exploit image making technology with your painting ‘
- Four days of structured specialist oils tuition on creative visualising and painting what you create
- Explanation, hands on painting and demonstration led learning, by a tutor with studio assistants which means you get on demand help at your easel.
- All materials and notes, are included so you don’t need to bring a thing or worry about what you need for the course.
- Learn a range of useful creative visualising strategies using both physical and digital means.
- Learn more in depth and more specific knowledge than on our broader foundation courses such as Simply Oils.
- Refreshments and a light lunch included, so you can socialise at the School with your fellow students
- If you’ve never been to us before consider Simply Oils before attempting this course, as you must know the ebauche or direct painting process to work your visualisations up into paintings
- This course is an ideal top up to a Diploma as it takes themes from the second trimester and expands upon them using practical exercises
This workshop explores how to use photographic and digital source images as creative aids to strong and original oil painting. To take full advantage of the course you’ll need to paint confidently as the tuition is focussed on how to visualise, not the core skills of how to use paint.
Written with our existing students in mind, the course is intended for practicing oil painters. Places are strictly limited, so book early to avoid disappointment.
Our ‘Kinnear On’ courses are practical signature courses written and taught by Martin Kinnear. Each course addresses and explores a key aspect of painting which can directly improve your work.
Kinnear On courses are non-selective, however they are written to suit students who have completed courses from our foundation or intermediate programs or new students who are regularly painting well in oils.
If you don’t paint in oil then we strongly recommend that you take Simply oils or Intensive Skills allocating time to practice, before taking these courses.